Let's resurrect Debian Weekly News (act the second)

Hi again!

As you might remember, we once had a weekly newsletter informing our
users and our fellow developers, what was going on in the "Debian
Universe".  That was cool and we want to have these time back!

So, after the first attempt resurrecting the newsletter failed, we want
to try it again, this time with a changed workflow[7]  making it quite easy
for everyone to contribute.

As always the "Debian Project News" will be available on the Debian
website in HTML and as RSS feed and send out to our debian-news mailing
list in text form and get them sent out on a bi-weekly basis.

The work is coordinated on the debian-publicity [1] mailing list and
done on a alioth project [2] using subversion [8] (for now).  Thanks to
the alioth admins, the subversion repository is set up, so that every
Debian Developer should be able to commit directly without need to join
the project or delay accepting his join request.  Non DDs need an alioth
account and need to request to join the project.  Your contribution
would be most welcome.

So, how can you contribute?  We have started to document it in the
wiki[3], and it basically boils down to the following:

* Send us a hint to the publicity list [1] if you think we missed
something interesting for our next issues -- There are so many media
available (blogs, other news sites, forums, mailing lists) we can't
monitor everything, so we really appreciate if you tell us, whenever you
see something interesting in the "wider Debian Universe".  Some style
guidelines [4] are also available.
* Become an Editor:  You may also add content directly.  See our HowTo
Contribute [3] on details.
* Native English speaker may help us by reviewing our content (as we are
mostly speaking en_DE or en_ES ;)  (See [5] for details.)
* Or you can translate the Newsletter in your language. (See [6] for
details.)

Should the documentation be incomplete or inaccurate at one point, feel
free to tell us at the publicity mailing list.

We are looking forward reading from you,
  Alexander

Links:
  1: http://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity
  2: https://alioth.debian.org/projects/publicity/