Registration now open for DebConf10

Registration for DebConf10 opens
- --------------------------------

Registration is now open for DebConf10! DebConf10 will take place in New York
City, USA from Sunday August 1st through Saturday Aug 7th, 2010, with arrivals
at our group lodging permitted as of 3 PM on July 31 and departures required by
11 AM on August 8. The conference is preceded by DebCamp from July 25-31
including the arrival day.

To register follow one of the processes outlined below:

- - If you registered for DebConf7, DebConf8, or DebConf9, go to
https://penta.debconf.org/penta/submission/dc10/person to login.

- - If you didn't register for last year's conference you need an account in
the conference management system. To register one, go to
https://penta.debconf.org/penta/user and create an account. After visiting
the activation URL sent to you by email, go to
https://penta.debconf.org/penta/submission/dc10/person and log in.

After logging in
- ----------------
After logging in, please fill in at least the 'General', 'Contact' and 'Travel'
tabs reachable through the 'Registration details' button on the bar on the left
of the page. Please pay special attention to the 'DebConf' and 'DebCamp' boxes
on the 'General' tab. You need to select at least the "I want to attend this
conference" checkbox or your registration won't be valid.

Note to users who have an account from previous years: We did our best to make
sure you do not have to re-enter all your personal data again, just the
conference-specific changes. But please check to make sure it is all still
valid.

When making changes in the conference management system, please revisit the
page to ensure that your changes have been properly recorded.

Travel Sponsorship
- ------------------
We hope to obtain enough sponsorship to help some people attend who would not
be able to pay for their own travel. We hope to allocate travel sponsorship
money between April and June. We will make travel sponsorship reimbursements
as soon as possible, but unfortunately, in the past this reimbursement has sometimes
only been possible quite long after DebConf.

If you would like to apply for travel sponsorship, please fill in as much
information as you can on the registration pages. Even if you have not
arranged your travel when you apply for sponsorship, we need to know which
days you intend to spend at the conference.

The deadline for sponsorship applications is April 15th.

(This is also the case if you apply for accommodation and food sponsorship,
without travel sponsorship.)

DebCamp Attendance
- ------------------
DebCamp is a smaller, less formal event than the main conference, giving an
opportunity for group work on Debian projects. It will again be held in the
week before DebConf, from Sunday July 25th through Saturday July 31st. In an
effort to make DebCamp a little more organized we ask everyone who wants to
attend DebCamp to fill in an additional text field describing their work plans
for the Camp.

Cost of attendance
- ------------------
As multiple attendees of past conferences suggested that we make it easy for
attendees to make a contribution towards the cost of their DebConf
attendance, we are again offering a way to do this.

As in the past, the conference is free, and we will try our best to offer food
and accommodation sponsorship to everyone who requests it before April 15th, but
if the number of people requesting sponsorship significantly exceeds previous
years we may have to limit this.

We also offer two additional registration options, "Professional" and
"Corporate". The Professional category (USD $650.00) is meant for every
individual or company who wants to help the conference by making a
contribution to reflect the cost of their attendance. The Corporate
category (USD $1300.00) is intended for companies who pay their employees'
attendance fees. If you register as a Corporate attendee, we will list your
company on a special page on the conference website.

Both paid registration categories optionally include free food and
accommodation; other non-sponsored attendees are encouraged to stay or eat
with the group at their own expense. Room costs will be USD $53 per person per
night; food costs are not yet finalized.

We encourage everybody to help make DebConf a success by selecting the
Professional or Corporate registration category.

Attendees that register late (after April 15th) are ineligible to request
food or accommodation sponsorship.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to New York City in August.

- -- DebConf team

About DebConf
- -------------
DebConf is the Debian Project's developer conference. In addition to a full
schedule of technical, social and policy talks, DebConf provides an
opportunity for developers, contributors and other interested people to meet
in person and work together more closely.  It has taken place annually since
2000 in locations as varied as Canada, Finland, Mexico, Scotland, and
Argentina.

DebConf10 will take place in New York City from Sunday August 1st through
Saturday August 7th.

DebConf will be preceded by DebCamp, from Sunday July 25th through Saturday
July 31st. DebCamp is a smaller, less formal event intended for
group work on Debian projects.

If you are interested in helping by working as a volunteer during DebConf,
please contact debconf-team@lists.debconf.org

If you or your company are interested in sponsoring DebConf by donating money
or lending equipment, please contact the sponsorship team at
sponsors@debconf.org

More information about DebConf9 can be found on the conference website:
https://debconf10.debconf.org/

About Debian
- ------------
The Debian Project is an association of Free Software developers who
volunteer their time and effort in order to produce an excellent free,
cross-platform operating system.   More information about Debian
is available at http://www.debian.org/

About New York City
New York City is the most populous city in the United States.  It spans five
counties, and is the seat of the New York metropolitan area, one of the
most populous urban areas in the world. A leading global city, New York
is a center of worldwide commerce, finance, culture, fashion, entertainment,
international affairs.

For more information please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City