Blocking uploads of packages involved in the Python 2.5 transition

Hello.

We're currently trying to migrate Python 2.5 as default to testing,
which involves a lot of packages -- including some unrelated ones like
the Mozilla family (via the hunspell transition, tied to Python via
OpenOffice), and the Evolution gang, tied to Python via deskbar-applet
and empathy.

We're sloowly getting there, and reaching the point at which uploads of
some of the involved packages are starting to get in the way: almost all
sourceful fixes are in the archive already, and we're only missing a
handful of builds on some architectures, which should be ready in the
next days.

Because of this, we've decided to make use of the "release transitions"
feature implemented by ftpmaster [1, 2] to temporarily block uploads of
(*gasp*) all the involved packages.

This means that uploads will be rejected by dak, but it does not mean
that you can't **coordinate with us to make an upload**. The idea is to
prevent disturbing uploads, but if you have something that it's important
to upload (like fixes for RC bugs), please mail debian-release@l.d.o and
we'll talk.

Thanks in advance for your understanding. This is also the first time we
make use of this tool, but hopefully we'll be able to ride along without
too many bumps. A list of blocked packages can be found at [3].

  [1]: http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2008/01/msg00112.html
  [2]: http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2008/04/msg00282.html
  [3]: http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/hints/transitions.yaml

Adeodato Simó,