Alioth downtime and remaining problems

Hello,

due to an unfortunate mistake we lost our gforge database this morning. As
usual in those situations, you just discover that the daily dump you
expected is no more generated since the last hardware migration. :-|

So I restored an old backup dating back to the 29th of october (when we
migrated to the new host). We still had some dumps of user accounts and
groups, so I wrote some scripts to integrate those data in the gforge
database. So we all have all projects and all users which had an unix
account as of yesterday.

What is definitely lost however is the changes done to
trackers/forums/surveys during that period and in general anything that is
gforge-specific. We're really sorry for that, you can be sure we'll take
required measures for the future.

Concerning all accounts which were created since the migration
See list in [1].

Your unix (SSH) account still works with your password. However your web
password is disabled and your entry doesn't have any email associated to
it. So you can't use the "lost password" feature. We also lost any SSH
keys you had registered and all other preferences you had.

If you want to recover your account, please use the SSH access to login
and create a file in your home directory with your email.
$ ssh account-guest@alioth.debian.org
[...]
account-guest@alioth:~$ echo "my.email@myisp.com" >my-email
account-guest@alioth:~$ chmod 600 my-email
account-guest@alioth:~$ exit

Then mail admin@alioth.debian.org and ask us to reconfigure the account
with the email indicated in that file. Once it's done, you'll be able to
use the "lost password" feature and reconfigure your account.

Note that DD account (without -guest suffix) have been reconfigured with
their @debian.org email, so please directly use the "lost password"
feature to recover a password and reconfigure your account.

Concerning all projects which were approved since the migration

Please reconfigure your project (including user's rights) and check
everything. If you have weirdness to fix, please get in touch with us.

Concerning all other projects
-----------------------------
All users which have been added since the last migration have been readded
with the role "Junior Developer". Users which were removed have been
removed too. In most cases, this is ok but for accounts which have been
promoted to "Admin" in that period, it means you have lost your admin
rights. Get in touch with the old admins to fix this.

All other changes that you might have done to trackers/surveys/forums/news
are also gone. Please redo them if they were important for you (for
example changing rights of the observer role to restrict posting to
trackers/forums).

Contact
-------
If you have weirdness to fix, or if you have more questions, please join
#alioth on irc.debian.org or ask directly admin@alioth.debian.org.

Thanks for your support!

[1] List of accounts recreated:
obnox-guest
sp4rky-guest
teferra-guest
filipe-guest
jlt-guest
purbon-guest
anders-guest
kjetil-guest
markpilgrim-guest
subhi-guest
mjj29-guest
hobbsee-guest
oz-guest
matthai-guest
jbr-guest
choeger-guest
viki-guest
jever-guest
kaethorn-guest
spstarr-guest
azummo-guest
svena-guest
eclipser-guest
keescook-guest
oracle-guest
kwasi-guest
paulcager-guest
jmesquita-guest
rdc-guest
mancinel-guest
semprini-guest
drtv-guest
waja-guest
lb-guest
die_z-guest
whadar-guest
puzzles-guest
nigelhorne-guest
rishi-guest
daniminas-guest
hopper-guest
naoliv
yoh
evaitl-guest
psn-guest
trurl-guest
tjaalton-guest
emfox
white
faw
siretart
lucas
slomo
jcristau
bombadil-guest
chang351-guest
kolter-guest
dvilla-guest
sonne-guest
pootle-guest
harajuko-guest
tetragon-guest
fmehnert-guest
matthijs-guest
moriyoshi-guest
bgoglin-guest
gordon-guest
agordeev-guest
panchoat-guest
dererk-guest
criswell-guest
tholy-guest
jongough-guest
dbruce-guest
palic-guest
tobi-guest
hug
toots

[2] List of projects recreated (note that you have received a duplicate
mail "Alioth project approved" already):
chrpath
collab-qa
d-community
decaf