Bits from the WNPP: RFH tag

Hi.

End of last year it was proposed (by Anthony Towns) to use the WNPP
not only for orphaning and requests for adoption but also for
the search for co-maintainers and other help.
Sadly enough this proposal was somewhat forgotten in the confusion
after the compromise which happened at about the same time.

Finally we got around now to technically implement this behaviour.
We have defined a new tag for this: RFH. RFH bugs should be filed
with "normal" severity like orphaning and request of adoption ones.

Definition from the WNPP pages (http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/):
This is a 'Request For Help'. The current maintainer
wants to continue to maintain this package, but he needs some help to do
this, because his time is limited or the package is quite big and needs
several maintainers.
(I formulated this paragraph which is a strong indication that there are
improvements possible ;)

A list of RFH bugs can be found at
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/help_requested

The PTS shows RFH bugs in a similar way to the O and RFA bugs.
RFH bugs will also be listed in the weekly wnpp mail over this list.

Thanks to Robert Millan for the example bug on grub he filed in
anticipation of the actual implementation :)

We hope this will prove usefull. Feedback and additional suggestions
welcome, best directed to the debian-qa list.

Additional note: after a suggestion of Michael Banck all wnpp pages
are now accessible at the URL http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/<tag>,
e.g. http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/rfh which is an alias for the
URL given above. For the people who want to access the pages directly
but can't remember their name :)

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>