Bug-Squashing Party, July 16th-18th

Hi.

I think we could say that the Bug-Squashing Party (BSP) this weekend went
very well. There was lot of movement and activity in the base/standard
bugs and the RC bugs overall[0]. I think we should try to not loose pace
and am therefor announcing another BSP for next weekend.

As usual we will coordinate over #debian-bugs in freenode
(irc.debian.org) where you will find pointers to all the usefull
websites, too.

As Colin said last week, we really have to get the base system and
the standard packages in a releasable state. Some progress has been
made on this task. The remaining bugs often not occour on the more
common hardware platforms, so people that can make a machine
available for testing are needed and welcome.
Check out the bugs at
	http://bugs.qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/base.cgi
	http://bugs.qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/standard.cgi

[1]
However, help with anything on the RC bug list is welcome. Even if you
aren't a Debian developer, you can help by diagnosing bugs, narrowing
down their causes, and/or providing patches. There'll be a number of
developers around to upload changes.

For developers making non-maintainer uploads, please remember to keep
your changes minimal, and to ensure that the changes are filed in the
bug tracking system. You can use Tollef Fog Heen's delayed incoming
queue at gluck:~tfheen/DELAYED/ to automate the task of mailing a patch,
giving the maintainer a chance to respond, and uploading a fixed
package. I suggest a delay of a few days should be sufficient for
long-standing bugs. Remember to watch the package to make sure you
haven't introduced any new problems, and do your best to produce changes
that are correct and in line with how the maintainer maintains the
package.

Let the release happen, participate :)

[0] http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/
[1] The following two paragraphs shamelessly copied from Colin's mail
    from last week.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>