IPv6 and Debian

Reply-To set to debian-ipv6@lists.debian.org.

Hello world,

The list debian-ipv6@lists.debian.org has been created by our wondrous
listmasters -- it's intended for basically any discussion about issues
with IPv6 and Debian, especially how to update your packages to support
it.

_So_, if you've already set up an IPv6 site, and had to change stuff
or install non-Debianised packages, please tell subscribe and tell us
about it so we can incorporate the changes into Debian proper. If, even
better, you've been working on packaging some IPv6 stuff, please subscribe
and tell us about it, even if it's pre-alpha quality.

The current state of IPv6 in Debian is:

	* netbase in potato has minimal support for IPv6 -- ifconfig
	  works, and there are ping6 and traceroute6 binaries you can use.

	* There's a completely untested radvd (Router Advertisement
	  Daemon) package done by me, on va. It compiles. It probably
	  doesn't work.  If someone wants to fix it up and maintain it,
	  that would rock.

	* Michel Onstein has patched inetd, tcp-wrappers, telnet and
	  apache and has some beta-ish .deb's available for people to
	  try out. Michel's putting them at ftp://ipv6.nl/pub/debian/

I'm also keeping a copy of .deb's I see/make (including the
above) but that aren't included in potato yet on va, around
http://www.debian.org/~ajt/ipv6/.

These are apt-able with a line like:

	deb http://www.debian.org/~ajt/ipv6 ipv6 unstable

in your sources.list.

So, if you're interested in IPv6, please join the list and tell us all
where we're at and where we're going :)

Cheers,
aj

``Smart, sexy, single. Pick any two (you can't have all three).''
        -- RFC 1925, paraphrased: a guide to networking in the '90s