debian-installer beta 2 released

The debian-installer team is glad to announce the second beta release of
the Debian sarge installer for the i386, powerpc, and ia64 architectures.
Besides the addition of the ia64 architecture, new features in this release
include:

  - An improved and streamlined installation process.
  - Complete or near-complete translations to many languages (Portuguese,
    Dutch, Japanese, Italian, Hungarian, French, Spanish, Greek, Danish,
    Czech, Slovak, Norwegian, Lithuanian, German, Bulgarian, Chinese).
  - Support for installation from USB mass storage (USB keychain, etc).
  - Support for systems with only 32 mb of memory (i386 only).

This release fixes all of the posted errata in beta 1 of the Debian
installer, and many other bugs besides. It still has rough edges and
known bugs, but we anticipate that most users will find it a great
improvement from past Debian installs. Please send us a report of how
your installation goes, so we can strive to make it even better.

For links to bootable debian-installer images, known errata in this beta,
and an installation howto document, visit our web site:

see shy jo