New mailing lists, updated documentation

Hello all,

You may be aware that some new mailing lists have been created; the bulk
of this work has been done by newer members of our expanding listmaster
team.

	- debian-multimedia

	Discussion about the development of applications that produce
	multimedia content, handling multimedia data, supporting
	multimedia hardware etc.

	- debian-x86-64

	(say that three time fast) This list is for those interested in
	porting Debian to AMD's new architecture. The first 10
	subscribers get a free Opteron!

	- debian-user-ukrainian

	The Ukrainian Debian community now has a (virtual) place where
	users and developers alike can share information.

	- debian-l10n-polish
	- debian-l10n-turkish

	Are you Polish? Can you speak Turkish? Then you need to hang out
	on these mailing lists so we can make Debian more suitable for
	native Polish and Turkish speakers.

	- finding out what mailing list you are subscribed to

	We have requests every now and then from people wishing to know
	what mailing list(s) they are subscribed to.

	Generally these requests are from people who haven't learnt that
	knowledge only comes from arduous work -- they have failed to scour
	the Internet to work out the answer:

	    Send 'which <email address>' to majordomo@lists.debian.org

	We've added that, and other, useful pieces of information to

	- additional documention / website updates

	Some quirks related to the usernames allowed to subscribe have
	been documented and we have clarified the list creation HOWTO.

	Our website, <URL: http://lists.debian.org/>, has been updated
	to include a list of available mailing lists as well as a direct
	subscription form and description for each list.

	Just a reminder that if you feel either of the our websites are
	unclear we'd appreciate a bug report so we can improve them.

Regards,
Anand Kumria
on behalf of the listmasters.

--
 `` We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think.
 When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never