Scary bugs

I vote these "most likely to delay the release".  They are difficult
packages that we can't really do without, and seem to have been
abandoned by their maintainers.  Please help.

Richard Braakman

Package: altgcc (debian/main).
Maintainer: Galen Hazelwood <galenh@micron.net>
  53401 altgcc does not build anymore from source.

Package: emacs20 (debian/main).
Maintainer: Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>
  33237 /etc/alternatives/emacs not managed properly - /usr/bin/emacs doesn't run emacs20
[STRATEGY] Maintainer promised to fix this.
[WAITING] Maintainer was contacted on Dec 12, awaiting reply.
  43249 Y2K problem in timezone.el
[WAITING] Maintainer was contacted on Dec 12, awaiting reply.
  51112 emacs20: emacs20 cannot compile on powerpc
[WAITING] Maintainer was contacted on Dec 12, awaiting reply.

Package: fetchmail (debian/main).
Maintainer: Paul Haggart <phaggart@debian.org>
  43139 fetchmail flushed after failed delivery
[WAITING] Maintainer was contacted on Dec 12, awaiting reply.
  48159 I had to downgrade to fetchmail_4.6.4-1.1 because I couldn't get my mail from the server! Fetchmail was able to query the IP of the server, but told me something about "file not found". After downgrading fetchmail it worked without problems. I haven't touched any fetchmail relevant scripts!
[WAITING] Maintainer was contacted on Dec 12, awaiting reply.
  50990 fetchmail: mail was fetched and deleted from server but never sent to local MTA
[WAITING] Maintainer was contacted on Dec 12, awaiting reply.
  51557 missing recommends on tcl/tk for fetchmailconf
[HELP] Needs an extra dependency, NMU needed

Package: quota (debian/main).
Maintainer: Heiko Schlittermann <heiko@lotte.sax.de>
[HELP] Mail to maintainer bounced.
  41753 quota: repquota and quotacheck segfault
  47222 quota: edquota - confusing
  47718 edquota will not allow soft or hard limits above 4194303 blocks

Package: util-linux (debian/main).
Maintainer: Vincent Renardias <vincent@debian.org>
  42556 util-linux: hwclock: Continually messes up my clock
[WAITING] Maintainer was contacted on Dec 12, awaiting reply.
  51936 util-linux: cfdisk can't handle a new disk
[WAITING] Maintainer was contacted on Dec 12, awaiting reply.
  51937 util-linux: fdisk creates invalid partitions
[WAITING] Maintainer was contacted on Dec 12, awaiting reply.
  54252 cfdisk fails to detect DAC960 partitions
  54978 ordinary user can change keyboard repeat vor all users