Re: Deficiencies in Debian

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 05:14:49PM -0700, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> There is a Debian core who have the powers you refer to.  They are
> VERY judicious in their use of them.  That is as it should be.  The
> people that get the real work done stay out of the limelight, so they
> don't get bombarded and harassed when something breaks.  Even most
> developers don't know who the true "power" behind Debian is.  I leave
> it as an excersize to the reader to figure out who the true powers
> behind Debian are.

i must have been naively blind for the last few years because i've never
noticed any such debian cabal(*).

the truth is that the "true power behind debian" is held by those who
actually get off their butts and do some work - any work that they
see fit. working code that actually exists is a lot more powerful and
compelling an argument than any amount of theory or policy.

(*) the truly paranoid may wish to believe that i am a member of this
cabal and am merely trying to confuse the issue and deny it's existence.
i have only one thing to say to that: I can neither confirm nor deny
such rumours. haha! debian today, tomorrow the world! notice that
there is no smiley on this paragraph...this may or may not be another
deliberate attempt to confuse and hinder non-cabal members.

craig

ps: TINC

--
craig sanders