Re: [New maintainer] Working for Debian and becoming a registere

On Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 10:09:43PM +0200, Remco Blaakmeer wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > No. Martin (Joey) Schulze and James Troup are behind AFAIK.
>
> Are they the only ones?
>
> With the current problems regarding new maintainers in mind, shouldn't
> there be more people on that team?
No "problems" .. New maintainer processing is frozen at the moment ..

Grab a
	1) newspaper
	2) current maintainer to upload your packages
until potato is released..  As I understand it, nothing will be happening
until then. I think the growing number of bugs in the current system demands
attention before many new packages are uploaded.

Besides, I think it'd be a good idea to have to go through a current Debian
developer before becoming one yourself.  Many common bugs can be eliminated by
using their experience.

Regards,
	Rob.