Re: /etc/init.d/network is too simple?

On Sat, Apr 17, 1999 at 12:08:47PM -0400, shaleh@clifford.livenet.net wrote:

> > Big deal. Honestly, I don't see that the saving is even worth a discussion.
> > RAM is cheap, swap space even cheaper.
>
> RAM is cheap if you have money.  Some people dont.  Others use laptops where
> RAM is expensive and we are all trying to eek out more battery life.

Well, like Dirk says, there's no problem with changing /bin/sh locally
to ash if it's really worth the effort to save that RAM. But that's no
reason to downgrade bash's essential status.

> Remember your friends who use 486's and lower.  Remember your friends on old

My one production box is a 486. It has 32mb, and had 16mb for the first few
months of deployment.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3TYD.