Re: Logo procedure and ideas

On Thu, Apr 15, 1999 at 11:06:11AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > What we should be voting on is the concept.  When we have a good
> I'm really happy that someone who is more important for the project than
> me offers this opinion.  Please let us develop a concept first and than
> a logo.

*hands over head*

Nonono. This won't work. There will be a lot of talk, hundreds of emails
about hundreds of opinions, suggestions, rebuttals, critiques, and the
outcome will be essentially nil. We've seen this before. Maybe I am too
pessimistic, but at LEAST discuss this on another list so I don't need to
unsubscribe from any important list for this.

> It doesn't matter how long the logo election proces will last.

It will last forever if the above procedure is followed. It will last
forever if we don't get a proposal accepted to vote on it.

> Our releases need much time, too.  In my opinion we could elect a good
> logo until potato will be released.  But we will manage it only, if we
> have a *clear concept* what we want as logo.  Otherway we will
> discuss until Debian version 17.4 about the logo topic :-(.

We already are doing this. The logo issue is essentially open since more
then two years.

Marcus