Re: Logo procedure and ideas

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 15, 1999 at 01:15:48AM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> I think it's good that we're going to have another chance to produce
> logos.  Many of the ones from the GIMP contest weren't logos at all.

Yes. But think about one little thing: we *have* to choose a winner
for the contest. Maybe we won't use its artwork as THE logo but we
requested the contest. A lot of people responded with submissions.
They are waiting for us to choose the winner. We can select some
art outside the gimp contest as our new logo but I think is not right
to forget about it.

Ciao,
Federico

> * `Any technology which is distinguishable from magic is
> insufficiently advanced' (mutation on Clarke's Law - from or via
> Richard Kettlewell).  Hence: a magical object of some kind with a
> cutaway showing gears or something.

A wizard hat? Like the one Mickey wears in fantasia? Yes, red HAT use
that as a logo but ours would be a WIZARD's one.

--
Federico Di Gregorio                    {Friend of Penguins}
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                    fog@debian.org