Re: Why does Debian use a nonstandard chsh?

On Wed, Apr 14, 1999 at 06:30:46AM -0500, Jor-el wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Robert Woodcock wrote:
> > Does this fix anything besides a documentation bug?
>
> 	Yes, this could be fixed via documentation. I think, however, that
> this is a short term approach. The real fix would be to make the Debian
> 'chsh' option compatible with the mainstream one. Why would you _want_ to
> maintain an incompatibility when it can be removed?

Because right now our chsh program is part of the shadow suite, and those
programs are tested primarily with each other.

I think that describing this as an incompatibility is exaggerating.
--
Robert Woodcock - rcw@debian.org
"Now we'll have to kill you." -- Linus Torvalds