Re: linuxconf?

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, David Bristel wrote:

> What's a linuxconf supposed to be?

It's a system configuration utility.

Says freshmeat
(http://md.us.mirrors.freshmeat.net/appindex/1998/01/26/885832320.html)
"Linuxconf is a sophisticated administrative tool. It is
both an activator and a configurator. It can manage users, mail, crontab,
network, file systems, samba, dns, disk quotas, dhcpd and uucp. It has
some unique features like configuration versioning and multiple machine
management. It supports multiples languages (French,German,Italian,...)
and can be administred from ncurses(text), web or X user interface."

AFAIR RedHat is using it and there are packages for SuSE, Slackware and
Caldera.

That's all I know so far - I haven't used it myself yet, but I will take a
look at it after April 26th.

Thomas
--
PGP public key: http://www.in.tum.de/~schoepf/pgp/pubkey