Re: suggestion for educational software section

*cjt@engr.uark.edu wrote:
> I think that debian should make a software section specifically for
> educational software.  I think that there will be a great deal of such
> open-source educational software in the future, with mexico using gnome
> and linux in its elementary school system.
	This is really just an example of the larger problem that the
existing distribution hierarchy no longer accomodates the current size and
scope of Debian.  Even adding new sections is not enough. For instance, does
a science tool that is suitable for education go into 'science' or
'education' ?  There has been a little in the past year about how to change
things, but I don't think anyone has taken the bull by the horns yet.
	John
--
John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>,  lapeyre@debian.org