Menu (was Re: suggestion for educational software section)

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

> Fabien Ninoles wrote:
> > KDrill (Kana/Kanji Drill program) is one of them, as well as an Arithmetic
> > Quizz and some Neuronal Network program, etc... A section in the menu is
> > welcomed as well :)

> The section in the menu is Apps/Educational (not verified with Joost yet,
> but that's where I've been planning to put them).

There is and has been an Apps/Educational section in menu (at least in
my menu) which contains (on my system) something called "Arithmetic
Quiz".

~ $ grep Educational /usr/lib/menu/*
/usr/lib/menu/bsdgames:?package(bsdgames):needs="text" section="Apps/Educational" \

So, either this is already acceptable, or someone needs to file a bug
against bsdgames.  Come to think of it, that's your package, isn't it, JH?

Oh, and I guess this means that Fabien's "Arithmetic Quiz" will have
to be named something else in the menu system.  I don't think an extra
'z' will provide sufficient distinction.  :-)

I talked to Joost about some re-org of the menus, and he was
reasonably amenable, but doesn't want to be in charge of making the
decisions, since he doesn't actually use the menu system himself,
apparently.  So, I'm going to bring some of my ideas up on -policy one
of these days, after I have a bit more time to review any earlier
discussions that may have occurred.  I'd like to see:

1)  Top level entry:  Help  (things like Debian Help, tkinfo, xman,
    etc.)

2) Apps/Mail

3) Apps/Browser  (for file and www browsers)

and maybe

4) Apps/News

at the least.