Re: not using debian as firewall!

> Err -- any reason you can't disable these services on Debian too?
> Not running inetd would kill most of them.

you can disable them, but not running inetd is a bad idea since that
provides more basic services as well (notably, i think it does ping). better
to just remove all the lines in inetd.conf for non-internal services.

--phouchg
"For a price I'd do about anything, except pull the trigger: for that I'd
need a pretty good cause" -- Queensryche, "Revolution Calling"
PGP 5.0 key (0xE024447449) at http://cif.rochester.edu/~phouchg/pgpkey.txt