RFC: Will officially switch from kbd to console-tools

Hi there,

I currently maintain (among others) 2 similar Debian package: kbd and
console-tools.  The latter is derived from the former, with many
features, some of them really needed for i18n cleanness.  I'm also the
upstream maintainer of console-tools, so that I can ensure all patches
we make on Debian side will be integrated upstream, which I can not
say about kbd - already tried, and finally split development.

More information can be found at:
	http://www.multimania.com/ydirson/en/lct/

and especially for unique features at:
	http://www.multimania.com/ydirson/en/lct/features.html

The current package/section situation is:

	kbd & data		: base
	console-tools & friends	: optional

I suggest the following:

	console-tools & friends	: base
	kbd			: extra

Further more, it is possible to hack as little as possible kbd to make
it accept most files from console-tools-data, thus sparing some
hundreds of Kbytes.

If I get no objection, next upload of kbd (0.99-1) and console-tools
(1:0.2.0-1, not yet released upstream) will follow these change plan.

--
Yann Dirson                         |    Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?
           <ydirson@multimania.com> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux: