intent to package: mocalc

I shall register to become a debian developer this coming week.  and have
an interest in packaging but I have a rather silly question..

the author has given all permission to 'do whatever they want' with the
program.  after emailing the author, he has given permission to distribute
it under the GPL.. what is suggested? unconditional use, or GPL?

(As I said, this is rather a silly question, but none the less :)

Andrew Dvorak
JCommons@IRC