Re: Want to take tcs package

> > I'd like to take tcs package.
> > I found it useful for webmaster work.
> > I'd like to add support other charsets (cp12xx) and support for
> > <META ... charset ...> tag in HTML documents.
>
> How about just provide a tool for converting charset definitions,
> found on ftp.unicode.org to tcs format, or may be make tcs to be able
> read them directly as catdoc does?

Do you suggest to use other tool but with some wrapper for compatibility
with tcs?

Hm, I see that I should write some new tool.

This tools should use "plugins" with new charset tables, support
HTML/SGML documents and need to be as fast as possible.

For now I think the best solution is to patch original tcs. Then
it will be easy to include new charset tables to sources.

Ah, in Poland we use more than 6 different codepages for
native charset (iso-8859-2, cp1250, cp852, mazovia, macintosh, amiga).
Then I have a big problem with converting documents...

--

Piotr "Dexter" Roszatycki
mailto:dexter@fnet.pl