Re: Gnome to be removed from debian?

Hi,

It is true that the GNOME situation on Debian isn't favorable, to no fault
of Debian's IMHO.  However, I would like to suggest that the
Debian developers that maintain GNOME related packages coordinate their
efforts, if this isn't already being done.  For example, I am maintaining
the imlib packages which are currently having problems.  Rather than
upload the packages and break other packages I have asked others to test
them.  Perhaps a Debian GNOME team would be good to have.  Does such an
entity already exist?  Any comments?

Thanks,
-Ossama
Ossama Othman <othman@cs.wustl.edu>
58 60 1A E8 7A 66 F4 44  74 9F 3C D4 EF BF 35 88  1024/8A04D15D 1998/08/26