Re: ppp bug and maintainer's negative attitude

Adrian Bunk wrote:

This shouldn't be needed, #175480 contains a short patch that seems to apply against the package in woody.

Actually there are two:

1) a smaller one that applies cleanly, but functionality is untested
2) a larger one that is supposedly "cleaner" yet does not apply to stable (I can confirm one hunk fails, as reported by another submission to the same report)

Problem is, I am not a maintainer nor do I play one on tv, so I would much prefer a debian-sanctioned update to fix this problem. That is, after all is said and done, one of the reasons for using a distribution, especially one called "stable", right?

TIA,
Andrea.

--
Homepage: http://andrea.borgia.bo.it     /    Amateur radio: IZ4FHT
Key fingerprint: 4037 9711 85C6 F9F9 A505  FA0A BB62 3A3C F7BA 9B13