Re: ppp bug and maintainer's negative attitude

On Mar 19, Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> wrote:

> Herbert stated in #175480 that this problem was "tripping a lot of
> people running 2.4.18 and later".
>
> Is there any problem why an upload of ppp with the patch from #175480
> to stable-proposed-updates would cause problems?
This is not my opinion: I do not consider the bug so much widespread nor
I consider it a security risk. It has been present since a very long
time and obviously so far nobody else has felt the need for a security
update.
Anyway I'm not opposed to a backport as long as I do not have to do it
myself or support it later.

--
ciao, |
Marco | [5201 sbzVaHsIEJS0A]