Re: Configuration (File) System

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 18:02, Jens Hermans wrote:

> It doesn't atm, but this is definetly an interesting feature to include.
> Since it's a filesystem you can always use a tool like diff or even cvs
> to be able to rollback your changes, although built-in support for this
> would be easier.

IMO the only builtin support should be transaction boundaries. I.e. a
change to a set of related files should all be completed, or none.

But for versioning and rollbacks of configs across multiple packages
etc, let the user choose their own VCS, don't invent a new one, or lock
them into one blessed one.

Rob