Re: Configuration (File) System

Hi,

Actually, key point in this example is not an effective bandwidth usage method
(preventing whole Openoffice download). Making decisions about needs for an
helper application to view the document and getting from around, more
important. Its just an example and there are more complex scenerios you
know :) I'm just trying to say that, we've lots of experience in Gnu/Linux
systems and package management systems so important. It is not necessary to
develop a new filesystem to improve the package manager as M. Zimmerman said.
But, in my view, such a file system helps a lot to package manager, and made
it transparent from the higher levels (think that, you're using debian and
your VFS brings a binary from redhat system, this operation not triggered by
package manager or a user). Maybe its time to start thinking about future's
Gnu/Linux systems (not in the debian-devel list :)

murat,