[OT] Linux Distributions Guide

For those who might interested in a comparison ...

Rod Smith's Linux Distributions Guide

"I've written this page to present my opinions of several Linux
distributions.

... but many Linux newbies are faced with an important question: Which
Linux OS to get?

Unlike most OSs, the individual components of Linux (the kernel, the
core libraries, startup scripts, shells, GUI tools, and so on) are all
available separately. Over the years, therefore, several Linux
distributions have arisen.

Each distribution takes some set of components and packages them
together, typically on a CD-ROM, along with custom install routines.
Different distributions can take different approaches to creating a
working Linux system.

... The end result is that each distribution has its own personality,
and some distributions are better suited to some tasks than others.

This web page summarizes my experience with several popular Linux
distributions."

Page may be found at: http://www.rodsbooks.com/distribs/