Re: Raising severity of Contains /usr/share/info/dir.gz if rebuilt on current sid"-bugs.

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Josip Rodin wrote:

> > > The above assertion is incorrect in that case, as evidenced in the
> > > bug log. :)
> >
> > texinfo indeed would not contain /usr/share/info/dir.gz but it would
> > contain /usr/share/info/dir.old.gz which would be a RC, afaik.
>
> Um, how? What could possibly be bothered by dir.old*?

Another dir.old.gz in another package having the same bug.

This bug has a nasty property: A single package with this bug may be
difficult to notice and even "almost harmless". It is two or more
packages having this bug what is really catastrophic.

Since a package has not more "right" than others to be "the single one
package having this bug", we can't do anything but treat all these bugs
with the same RC severity.