RE: Changes in Debian base install

Well, I have the 3.0r2 install CD and after installation I don't run
tasksel, but dselect, and go with the default choices. Those packages
are in the 'standard' category (right there with ftp, locales, perl,
zlib, dnsutils,...). The 'standard' category is installed wholly by
default.

I think it wouldn't hurt if both devel tools and portmap/nfs would be
put to the next category, 'optional'.

--
TONI HEINONEN
     TELEWARE OY