Re: spam closes Debian bugs!

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 04:54:20PM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:
>> Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> wrote:
>> > Signing mails is work.
>>
>> Then you clearly use broken tools. I'm sorry but with all the mailers
>> I know, signing a mail is just clicking on a button or typing a
>> shortcut, and then typing the passphrase.
>
> I hope for your sake that your passphrase is not just a single-letter
> thingy.

I am not a fool. My passphrase is a _phrase_.

> If it is, thanks for providing me with some inside information to
> work on my web of trust; if it isn't, well, the most work in signing
> *anything* is exactly in typing the passphrase. My gpg passphrase is
> significantly longer than my 8-letter logon password; entering that
> when sending a mail is what I call "work", even with the 60-second
> timeout mutt gives me when signing a mail (since usually, it takes
> me more than that time to prepare the mail.

How long do you need to type "I hope for your sake that your
passphrase is not just a single-letter thingy"?

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |