Re: [debian-printing] Packaging of vendor PPD files.

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 12:01:12PM +0100, Per Olofsson wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:16 +0100, Bernd S. Brentrup wrote:
> > btw: the CD accompanying my Kyocera-Mita FS1020DN contains PPDs for
> > almost all Kyocera printers I know of (all MIT-licensed), they might
> > be included as well.
>
> Many free PPDs are available at
> <http://www.linuxprinting.org/download/PPD/>, including Epson and
> Kyocera drivers. Perhaps all of these should be put in a package, such
> as cupsys-ppds?

There are already many ppd collections:

foomatic-filters-ppds
cupsomatic-ppd
gnustep-ppd
hp-ppd
lpr-ppd
printfilters-ppd

and others. Probably we need to define a policy issue about where those
files should be kept. They are already spread around the tree in many
different directories.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine