Re: Documentation of original source tarballs

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 12:18:32AM +0100, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> As much as I remember dbs, that one is able to solve this problem: just
> put the original tarball and the new/modified binaries inside the debian
> .orig.tar.gz, and you're all set - dpkg-source will not scream about
> modified binaries in diff.gz since there are none. diff.gz would only
> contain debian/ which is all text.

At that point, though, you've modified the original sources, which
means there's no longer a concept of "pristine source."

My personal solution of solving this problem is to simply use a
debian-native packaging format, since arguably by work-in-progress
releases are really engineered and tested on Debian first, and then be
done with it.  Some folks kvetched at this approach, however, but I
really think it's for the best.

						- Ted