Re: Browsers which do not know how to handle mailto

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 13:13, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when I tried to introduce my family into some issues of our home setup
> I found out that neither Galeon nor Mozilla-Firebird are able to handle
> mailto URLs.  Perhaps this is a Gnome issue that this protocol is not
> predefined but I regard it inacceptable that a finished installation
> of a desktop is - well, not useable for an unexperienced user.  These
> browsers should get a sane configuration to call "mail-reader"
> instead of throwing errors.

Did you configure your GNOME mail reader in (Foot Menu)->Desktop
Preferences->Preferred Applications->Mail Reader? I have mine set to
Evolution, and mailto: links work fine for me in Galeon.

It would be nice if the default was "Debian Sensible Mail Reader" (like
the settings under Web Browser and Terminal), which doesn't seem to
exist currently.
--
Joe Wreschnig <wres0003@umn.edu>