Re: automake/autoconf/libtool -- convince me

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 11:26:19AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:

> I don't understand your comments about docbook and gob, because of course,
> if my upstream source has xml docs, I will already be build-depending on
> whatever is needed to build them. Same with generated GUI stuff although I
> don't have any of that.

Lots of upstreams ship the generated files for things like that, trying
to reduce the install reqirements to the bare minimum.  This puts the
tools required into the same category as the auto* tools - needed if
you're going to make extensive changes but not required for a simple
install.