Re: Very uneven distribution of packages per maintainer

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 11:53:05PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> I just ran some stats on my APT sources (mostly Woody), and discovered
> that the distribution of number of packages per developer is very
> uneven.  This is the histogram of developers with the specific number
> of packages they maintain:

This is terrible! Wait, I forgot, these numbers mean absolutely nothing.

I'm not sure what you think these numbers represent, but it's like
taking a ratio for each family in a neighborhood of acres/child and
deciding if those kids have too much yard work.

"Oh no, the Collins family has 2 acres per child...those poor kids! Uh,
you say that 3.5 acres of your yard is a lake?"

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/