Re: Orphaning my packages

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 04:28:59PM +0200, Goulais, Raphael wrote:
> > > None taken. And no, I am not.
> > [a DD]
> >
> > OK, then, I'm going ahead and taking fltk1.1.
>
> Does this mean that debian policy is that DD have priority over a non-DD ?
> Perhaps Morgon wants to become a DD ... and packaging fltk1.1 could be an
> interesting work for him, and could give him some help in the process of
> displaying interest to the debian community. Who are you to take over this
> package, just because you made it through the processs before him ?

It's nobody's package -- first come, first served. Obviously the one who
uploads first gets to be the maintainer. In addition, Aaron's mail came
first, at least in my mailbox.

Besides, people who haven't been through the NM queue are implicitely less
trusted with packaging a library than those who have. There's thousands of
way to fuck up a library... I'd name examples, but then I'd get killed :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.