Debian Wiki

I'm pleased to announce that Debian Wiki (http://wiki.debian.net) is
back online, and should stay that way.  I've had lots of trouble with
Zope on my not-so-high-memory server, and that's why it sometimes is
down for now reason.  I was thinking of moving it to UseMod, but then I
read http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/05/14/kwiki.html ... and I was a
convert to Kwiki.

I've got all the old links working now, thanks to mod_rewrite.  We stil
don't have UserOptions, but they're coming.  BrianIngerson expects a few
releases this week, and I'm also coding mods as we speak.  Because it's
Perl, and very extensible Perl, I can make modifications to the wiki
formatting rules, behavior, etc., VERY easily.

Some pages still look very broken, since they use the old STX rules.
Please feel free to fix whatever you see.  Also, since the DB is stored
in flatfiles, if you come up with a good sed or perl -e line to run on
the whole thing, please let me know.

Sorry to spring this on folks, but it was the only way I could keep
DebianWiki going.  I think it will be good for us in the long run.

Thanks, and see you soon.

  --MichaelIvey, DebianWiki admin and DebianPackage:kwiki maintainer

--
michael d. ivey        [McQ] : "A good messenger expects to get shot."
   <ivey@gweezlebur.com>     :                            -- Larry Wall