Please notify the maintainers when removing packages

I noticed a lot of packages are scheduled for removal in
update_excuses.html.  Some of these packages are packages I care
about, so I emailed their maintainer to check that the maintainer knew
the package was scheduled for removal.  The two maintainers that
replied thanked me for letting them know, and told me they would look
into this immediately.

Based on this experience, I am surprised to find out that the
maintainer isn't notified when his package is scheduled for removal.
And I see that it helps to send an email to get them to fix the
package.

Would it be possible for whoever (aj?) did ask for the packages to be
removed (from testing or from debian?  it is not obvious from the
content of update_excuses.html), to send an email to the package
maintainers when this is done?