Re: Popularity contest web pages

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 03:54:24PM +0200, Sander Smeenk wrote:

> Quoting Bill Allombert (allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr):
>
> > <http://people.debian.org/~apenwarr/popcon/>
>
> "About  1337 individual computers submitted results this week."
>
> l33t :)
>
> I didn't even know this was still in use.

It definitely is - each week, the number of submissions increases a little
bit.

I have no time at all to improve it, but feel free to do whatever you want.
The existing processing scripts are included with the popularity-contest
package, and the squished data is available on the web.  (There's also
less-redundancy-reduced version with a copy of each computer's submission.
You could use that for some *serious* statistics if you had the processing
power and inclination, but for privacy concerns I didn't put individual
entries right out on the web.  I'll send it to debian developers who want
it, though.)

Have fun,

Avery