Re: Contuinous logcheck problems

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 07:53:07AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I suspect that I'll become crazy with logcheck sooner or later. One box works fine
> now but the other box which has the same logcheck exclusion rules is just continuing
> "mail bombing". :-(
>
> Lock at my comments between the logcheck message:

I've had a similiar problem, seems logcheck uses a cache of the files in
/etc. Had to remove a file from /var/something to make it regenerate it
from the /etc directory. This was on a woody system.

--
Peter Mathiasson, peter at mathiasson dot nu, http://www.mathiasson.nu
GPG Fingerprint: A9A7 F8F6 9821 F415 B066 77F1 7FF5 C2E6 7BF2 F228