Re: new experimental ppp package

Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> writes:

> I have put a new experimental ppp package online on
> http://www.coker.com.au/ppp/ .  It includes among other things Brian's
> dialler script.
>
> At the moment I'm not in the best position to test this so I'd appreciate any
> testing assistance (especially from you Brian).
>
> Take note, this package has not even been tested by me yet, consider it to be
> too unstable for an upload to unstable.
>
> In the next day or two I'll put another test release online with pppoa
> support.  Then hopefully by the end of the week I'll have an upload with
> pppoa and many of the other things people are clamoring for.

Setting up ppp (2.4.1.uus-6.1) ...

Thats not it yet, right? Didn't see any pppoa in the docs and no
plugins.

I upgraded to 2.5.59 and now I get lots of kernel messages:
Mar 22 18:36:14 dual kernel: fix old protocol handler pppoe_rcv+0x0/0xf0!
Mar 22 18:36:45 dual last message repeated 2619 times
Mar 22 18:36:54 dual last message repeated 901 times

Hopefully the kernel mode uses the new protocol.

MfG
        Goswin

PS: the message only comes on SMP kernels.