Re: bugreport

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 22:13, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> > Isn't it in the interes of Debian, to have an easy to use tool, that
> > will help to wipe out any possible bug?

Hi,
  I've been considering writing a graphical bug reporting tool for some
time. In fact I'm just waiting to get the time. When I do so I will ask
for lots of advice from user interface people and also newbies.

  This will actually be as part of a suite of programs which I started
work on over Christmas. Its development has been delayed by real life
and immaturity of the graphics library I've been using (Java bindings
for GNOME). The easter vacation starts in a couple of weeks so I hope to
do more work on the programs soon. If all goes well, I should have a
release of the first tool within a few weeks. This is bugwatcher, a
program to view bug listings, bug reports and edit bug reports. IMHO,
this will make more of an impact at wiping out bugs than a bug reporting
tool would (indeed I have found the unstable development versions very
useful).
  A bug reporting tool would probably be the next step, but this is
unlikely to be developed before the summer.
--
  .''`. Mark Howard
 : :' :