Re: On the matter of Qt packaging

On Freitag, 7. Februar 2003 08:04, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 07:35:13PM -0700, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> > > Ok, let's try something here.  I'd like to take back Qt3.  I think with
> > > Ralph's help we can get these packages fixed up in no time and present
> > > a proper Qt (thats Qt2,Qt3,Qt/E2,Qt/E3) environment for Debian.  Ralph
> > > and I (and anyone else who wishes to participate) will also need to
> > > come up with a proper test process for testing out the packages prior
> > > to being uploaded.
> > >
> > > So unless anyone has any objections to this I'm going to do just this.
>
> I should clarify this a bit.  My statement above does not mean I have
> "hijacked" Qt3.  It means I want to and am offering to.  The current
> maintainer of the package is not a DD yet so I would assume(bad thing to
> do) that his sponsor is ultimatly responsible for this decision.  Either
> that or it goes to the Technical Committee.
>
> I just wanted to clarify that so that nobody else get's the impression that
> I'm just hijackig the package.  I had no intention of that...that was the
> reason for the "unless anyone has any objections" comment.

Ivan,

thanks for your offer - we will definetly have to work together to resolve
certain issues with the other Qt packages after the 3.1.1 x11 version is
done. Yesterday afternoon Martin asked me to help him finish up the package
which we continued to do until 11 pm. Today we'll fix up what's left to do
(I'm currently at that) and do test builds.

I reached my goal with my mails to make people aware that there are problems
and Martin to work with me because he wants to maintain Qt3. I don't care
about who is actually the packager but that I can work with him and that the
work gets done, if it requires some ranting here and there so be it.

Please give him the chance to finish up the work we did now. You may think
about your proposal again if we happen to end up in a dead end again.

Thanks,

Ralf

> Ivan
>
> --
> Ivan E. Moore II
> rkrusty@tdyc.com
> http://snowcrash.tdyc.com
> GPG KeyID=90BCE0DD
> GPG Fingerprint=F2FC 69FD 0DA0 4FB8 225E 27B6 7645 8141 90BC E0DD

- --
Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org