Re: Make debconf mandatory for prompting the user

[Adam Heath]
> Ignored is understandable.  We are all volunteers.
>
> Which were refused?  'required feature' is not reason enough.

I checked my bug reports and the bug database for Skolelinux.  Here is
a summary of the ten packages we needed to convert to debconf.  We
dropped postgresql, php4-pgsql, vold and gpm, and make our own patched
php4 packages.

Solved in time for Woody
------------------------

  pcmcia-cd - no patch from me, solved by the maintainer

  samba  - no patch from me, solved by the maintainer

  webalizer - patch accepted

Solved in Sid/Testing, unsolved in Woody

  postgresql - no patch from me, solved in sid, unsolved in woody

  ispell-dicts - no patch from me, solved in sid, unsolved in woody
           (fixed to accept DEBIAN_FRONOTEND=noninteractive instead).

Unsolved
--------

  exim 3 - asked to use exim 4 instead

  php4 - patch ignored / not required by policy

  php4-pgsql - patch ignored

  vold - no patch from me, bug report ignored

  gpm - no patch from me, bug report ignored