Re: Debian Accessibility Project was: Re: linux for blinds

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 09:34:28PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Branden Robinson wrote:
>
> > > I seriousely fail to see a reason why any free software which is needed
> > > by a user of Debian should not be worth to be included in Debian.
> >
> > Why, in particular, do you say "free" software, instead of software in
> > general?
> Is this one of your jokes or do you want me to give a hint that there
> might be non-free software for the accessibility project?
> If you would not be Branden I would have given a short explanation. ;-)

Neither.  I was simply wondering if you felt free software in particular
which is needed by a user of Debian had a stronger claim to inclusion in
Debian than non-free software, even if also needed by a user of Debian.

Because if you don't, it's misleading to say "free software" when one
means just "software".

Yes, I'm trying to draw you out about something.  Gathering more
anecdotes, one might say.  ;-)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      Never underestimate the power of
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      human stupidity.