Re: CPU specific/optimized Debian builds ?

On Thu, 23 May 2002 12:37:40 +0200
Renaud Guerin <rguerin@free.fr> wrote:

> I got wondering, how one should go about rebuilding from source a whole
> debian installation in a similar way ?
> Anybody did this before, or are there any significant hurdles that prevent
> automating this process ?

pbuilder is designed for this purpose.

In summary: Debian does not build from source in woody, quite yet.
But we are getting mostly there.
I welcome people trying to rebuild packages from source.

You should be able to use pentium-builder package and
pbuilder together to build athlon-optimized Debian,
for example. But I have not gotten that far yet.
I'm making a very slow progress...

http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/software/athlon-debian.html.en

regards,
	junichi