Re: O: gnu-standards -- GNU coding standards

Il dom, 2002-04-07 alle 10:01, Ben Pfaff ha scritto:
> Package: wnpp
> Severity: normal
>
> Orphaned because it's now considered non-free.
>
> Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net> writes:
>
> > Package: gnu-standards
> > Version: 2002.01.12-1
> > Severity: serious
> > Justification: Policy 2.1.2
> >
> > The GNU standards are licensed under two seperate licenses, neither one of
> > which meets the DFSG.
> >
> > The first is the GNU FDL, which blatantly violates sections 5 and 6 of the
> > DFSG.  The second license allows only for verbatim distribution, changes
> > are not allowed.  This violates section 3.

people, i just want to remember you that DFSG stands for debian free
SOFTWARE guidelines. documentation is *not* software and with the FDL
being used for more and more documents (i release all the docs i write
under it and i continue to consider them *free*) we need to:

1. write the DFDG; or
2. update the DFSG to include explicitly documentation.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio
INIT.D Developer                                           fog@initd.org