Re: Debian testing - uninstallable packages

On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 03:15:45PM +0100, Andrew M. Bishop wrote:
> [ I sent this to debian-testing a month ago, but the mailing list       ]
> [ doesn't exist anymore - it is not archived at http://list.debian.org/ ]

Actually, the list still exists, and is available at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-testing/. Not sure why it doesn't seem to be
listed amongst all the other mailing lists.

> I have seen a problem with two packages that I wanted to install from
> testing not being installable.  These were gnumeric and gnucash, so I
> raised bug reports about them - currently unanswered.

Right. There're a few packages that aren't installable in woody. There're
also a number that're out of sync, or that have RC bugs, or whatever. It's
not perfect, and it shouldn't really be expected to be.

FWIW, there're accurate lists of uninstallable packages (which does take into
account versions and conflicts, but ignores recommends and suggests) at
http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/.

Cheers,
aj

 ``Freedom itself was attacked this morning by faceless cowards.
     And freedom will be defended.''   Condolences to all involved.